We are looking for an enthusiastic clarinet/saxophone tutor to teach group lessons in our partner schools in Papatoetoe, Auckland. If you are an experienced musician and thrive working with primary and intermediate school children (years 5 – 8), then we would love to hear from you.
To teach small group lessons and assist/lead ensemble rehearsals and performances on one or two days a week during term time, 38 weeks per school year. The hours of work will be between 4 – 8 hours a week on one or two days (Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays, to be discussed with the successful applicant).
- Be proficient in their instrument.
- Be effective in teaching their instrument at primary and intermediate level.
- Be comfortable leading groups.
- Enjoy being part of a team; working collaboratively in setting and achieving goals for learning, selecting appropriate ensemble repertoire, and assessing ongoing programme needs.
- Undertake planning and administrative tasks in a professional and timely manner to facilitate the smooth running of programme delivery.
- To provide a fully funded and inspiring performance music programme to young New Zealanders with limited opportunity.
- To foster diligence, nurture confidence, celebrate aspiration and achievement.
- Together discovering the joy of music making with others.
Our Music Programme:
We partner with ten primary and intermediate schools in Papatoetoe and Mt Wellington to deliver a challenging, rewarding and fun instrumental music programme to approximately 550 students in Years 4-8. Students participate in weekly small group lessons and ensemble rehearsals delivered by skilled and enthusiastic professional instrumental tutors. Regular performance opportunities are provided throughout the year and students are further motivated through exposure to inspiring performances by professional musicians. At the conclusion of the multi-year programme, outstanding students receive scholarships to fully cover the costs of private instrumental tuition throughout their high-school years.
For enquiries, please contact the Tironui Music Trust Programme Manager, Claudia Ruff firstname.lastname@example.org 022 153 9765
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV by 5 December 2021